Divorce FAQ

Who can make application for Divorce ?
An application for divorce can be made either by one party to a marriage, or both parties jointly.

What conditions must be satisfied for a Divorce to be granted ?
For the divorce to be granted, the Family Court must be satisfied that the parties have been separated for a period of at least 12 months immediately preceding the application, and that appropriate arrangements have been made for any children involved.

Do I have to relocate to get a Divorce ?
In certain circumstances a divorce can be granted where parties are separated, though living under the same roof or where there have been short periods of reconciliation (totalling less than 3 months out of a 12 month period).

How can James Legal Consultants assist with Divorce ?
James Legal Consultants is able to assist its clients in making or responding to applications for divorce and (importantly) in ensuring that all necessary steps in relation to the legal consequences of divorce are taken, and time limits are met.

For professional assistance with Enforcement of Agreements, please contact James Legal Consultants using the Contact Us link above.